Friday, June 1, 2012

CAREGiver of the Month - June

Our CAREGiver of the Month for June 2012 is Florence Jansen!

Florence has been a CAREGiver with Home Instead Senior Care for two years now and truly exemplifies what it means to 'Build Trust, Take the Lead and Share your Heart.'



What was your favorite moment with a client?
Favorite moment was when one of my clients told me she didn't have a daughter and she felt when I visited her it was like having one.

What advice would you give to a new caregiver?
Advice to new caregivers - be patient and let your clients take part in the activities and conversations you have with them by asking them questions as you may well be the only visitor they will have on any given day.

Why did you decide to become a caregiver?
I decided to be a caregiver because I remember the care my mom had from home care when she was still in her own home. I felt there was a real need for some people whose family weren't able to do the little things that make such a difference to our clients lives.

Thank you Florence for all your hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment